Re: Prepping to install: a digression

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 06:39:51PM +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> wam%hiwaay.net@localhost ("William A. Mahaffey III") writes:
>
> >Good thought, however it is a PS2 kbd & mouse. Thanks for your reply &
> >TIA for any new clues.
>
> If PS2 hardware is detected (even when not really functional),
> it prevents an USB keyboard from becoming the console keyboard.

Does this mean that if a MB has a PS2 combo (one slot for whether a
keyboard or a mouse) and that a mouse is connected to it, one has no
keyboard at least on console?

That may explain some queer behaviors I had. But, in general, I had
queer behavior with USB devices with NetBSD (not to mention that on a
dual boot node---Windows being the other one---it is impossible to have
a sane boot after running Windows without cold booting; I don't know
what Windows does with the BIOS and the hardware settings, but it
results in havoc).
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/