Re: Prepping to install: a digression

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 12:43:57AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <55A43D0B.6030208%hiwaay.net@localhost>,
> William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
> >[...]
> >
> >Thanks for the reply. I tried the 'boot -a'. It got down to the following:
> >
> >boot device: wd0
> >root device (default wd0a):
> >
> >When I tried to type in 'raid0a', it added 'pckbport_start: command
> >error' & hung.
> >[...]
>
> [...] I am wondering why the
> keyboard is not functional for you. Try raidctl -A softroot <device>

I have not followed the thread from the start so this has perhaps been
asked before: is the keyboard USB attached and not PS2? In this case,
from usb(4) add the "flags 1" to the USB protocols in the kernel config:

usb* at ehci? flags 1
usb* at ohci? flags 1
usb* at uhci? flags 1

(I guess this could be limited to the USB 1.0 protocols but who
knows...)

because :

"Sometimes it is desirable to have a device detected early in the
boot process, e.g., the console keyboard. To achieve this use a flags
value of 1."

FWIW,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/