Re: USB-keyboard with a non-standard layout in wscons

On Jun 27, 2015, at 8:08 AM, Hans dinsen-hansen wrote:

Dear list.

Thanks for all your mails.  I sat he whole morning and
1)  made a safety dump of my NetBSD.
2) Built as lot of kernels and tested them with dmesg.
    All of them invented a wskbd0 ;-(  even if I told them
    to ignore pckb* with more and more #-lines.

In your kernel do you have?
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT         # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL          # VT handling
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD       # can get raw scancodes
# don't attach pckbd as the console if no PS/2 keyboard is found
options         PCKBD_CNATTACH_MAY_FAIL
options        UKBD_LAYOUT="(KB_DK | KB_NODEAD)"  # for ukbd driver

Have you tried the generic kernel, the one that from your initial install, not one you built? This may be a stupid question, but are you doing do a make clean between builds?
I connected a Pazzport, which is a mouse keyboard combo
----
wsdisplay0: screen 5 added (80x50, vt100 emulation)
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
uhidev0: iPazzPort iPazzPort, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
uhidev0: 2 report ids
ums0 at uhidev0 reportid 1: 3 buttons and Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
uhid0 at uhidev0 reportid 2: input=2, output=0, feature=0
uhidev1 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 1
uhidev1: iPazzPort iPazzPort, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev1
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
-----
and I discovered they keycodes are quite different for the usb, starting
at 4, and escape being 41 etc.
Also, discovered I can select which keyboard with
 wsconsctl -f /dev/wskbd1.
Anyway way, I was able to select dk.nodead for the usb keyboard,
and change a key, and it didn't trash it.
I'm running 5.2, but plan to update to 5.2.3 soon.