Re: re-transmission: Re: Prepping to install

On 06/27/15 11:22, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
On 06/27/15 11:17, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
On 06/26/15 10:13, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <558D6451.4030501%hiwaay.net@localhost>,
William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
# newfs -O2 -b32k raid[0,1]a # root & /usr RAID's ....
# newfs -O2 -b64k -I dk0                # /home device ....

which I think does FFSv2. Thanks again & TIA for any more ideas :-).
Have a good one.
That does FFSv2 indeed.

christos

First, thanks for all the help so far :-). I am going to wipe my 2 intended root drives using a FreeBSD USB boot disk & try again. So as to hopefully eliminate any fat-fingering that may have happened, & also to retain a log of what I did & what resulted, I am going to (try to) script the process. To that end I grepped out the stuff from the README-file posted earlier in the thread & culled it down to just operate on the 2 intended root drives. I will run this w/ output redirected to a file that I can retreive from the NetBSD USB boot disk & post for more questions if it doesn't work. I attach the shell script & other files referenced therein. I would be eternally grateful if savvier-than-I folks could give a quick perusal for obvious screw-ups or recommendations :-). I would like advice on how to automatically generate a simple disklabel for the resulting RAID1 device, see comments in the shell script (1st file). TIA & have a nice weekend.

*Eeeeeeeek* !!!! for some reason, the shell script didn't attach, here it is (I hope ....)

*Eeeeeeeeek* again, it was/is there, just didn't display because of the 'different' file type :-/ .... Sorry ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.