Re: re-transmission: Re: Prepping to install

On 06/25/15 12:30, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <558C26D3.70607%hiwaay.net@localhost>,
William A. Mahaffey III <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> wrote:
Everything looked OK w/ df & install proceeded & finished OK. Whassup
here ? TIA for any pointers & have a good one.
Are you sure your root is ffsv2 and not ffsv1? Why is the a partition
offset 2048?

christos

Not sure about either. Disklabel thinks the slice is RAID under the RAID[0,1], & 4.2BSD on top off the RAID 'device'. I am definitely *not* expert at the ins & outs of NetBSD disk setup, booting, etc. I mostly followed the (previously attached) README file to set everything up, & that's what was recommended there (*not* an ideal circumstance, I know, but the best I could do). I thought ffsv2 had superceded v1 a while back, but I could be mistaken. I also thought 4.2BSD was synonomous w/ FFSv2, no ? What should the root filesystem be for the boot process to work correctly ? Also, what should the offset of the root partition be ? I took defaults when I fdisk'ed the drive (fdisk -iau0 wd[0,1]), as instructed in the afore-mentioned README file. Thanks for your reply & TIA for any new guidance & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.