Why does NetBSD 7 switch the graphics mode during boot?

Recently tried out 7.0 and current on a new laptop and noticed this
change.

Till 6.1.5 I have seen NetBSD booting in text mode. Now I notice it
switching the video mode during boot itself (something till 6.1.5 was
optional).

Just curious about the rationale behind this change.

I think, it will fix one of the problems : Switching from x11 back to
console used to blank out the screen on some hardwares.

A few years back I witnessed some Linux distros going through the same
change. But since them many of them are prone to arbitrary blanking of
display during the boot. Just apprehensive whether that would happen to
NetBSD as well.

Mayuresh.