Re: re-transmission: Re: Prepping to install

On 06/13/15 13:38, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
Do you have a RAID1 set to autoconfigure as root? If so, it will
'steal' root even when you boot off a USB key or other.

Yes, I do (have a RAID1 setup to autoconfigure as root) :-/ ....

Could you amplify on this point a bit ? How does it steal root ? Secret BIOS mods ? Vulcan nerve pinch ? Judicious summoning of the force ? Inquiring minds wanna know :-) .... TIA & thanks for the rest of the very good info :-) ....

*C'mon* !!!! How about a clue here ? I am calling it pilot error (shoulda <ctrl-D>'ed back to the installer instead of rebooting, but that's ancient history now), how do I recover ? Pull the 2 offending drives & dd a bunch of zeroes to the 1st few KB ? Throw me a bone :-) .... TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.