using sysinst to create xen DOMUs

Since sysinst is installed in /usr/sbin, I am trying to use it to create a xen DOMU on a netbsd-7 system.  I am guessing that I should be trying to create a partition on a vnd first, but I am unclear how to get through the menus to accomplish that.  Should the file for the vnd be made prior to starting sysinst?  The options like "size" suggest that sysinst should be making the file, but it does not for me.  It just complains about a missing root partition.

On an earlier install I tried using sysinst to create a bootable raid1 but also ran into similar trouble figuring out how to create the software raid setup using sysinst.

Thus, I think these options are unclear at least to me.  Is there any documentation on how to make use of these parts of sysinst?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook