Re: RAID and GPT

kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost (Robert Elz) writes:

>    Date:        Thu, 30 Apr 2015 01:26:27 +0000 (UTC)
>    From:        mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst)

>  | RAID autoconf will tell the kernel to use partition 'a' of
>  | the RAID device as root, [...]

>Not quite when GPT is used on the raid.

>What really happens is that the kernel seeks a wedge labelled "raidNa"
>(where raidN is the autoconfigured as root raid array) and uses that as
>the root.

Yes. Ugly, isn't it? :)

The whole root-finding magic should be cleaned up. But I fear, one
or the other niche case will need to adapt then.

Multiboot would help as you can just provide the wedge name as
the root device as a parameter. But at least with our bootloader
multiboot seems to be broken.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost