Re: Again about NIS client configuration

I write only to the mailing list to avoid previous delivery problems.

> Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 at 11:56 PM
> From: "Christos Zoulas" <christos%astron.com@localhost>
> To: netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
> Subject: Re: Again about NIS client configuration

[...]
> So if you:
>
> 	$ ypmatch <user> passwd

No, I see:

ypmatch: can't match key <user> in map passwd.byname. Reason: no such map in server's domain.

> You see the user..
>
> 	$ ypwhich -m passwd
>
> lists the correct server...

...no, it prints

ypwhich: clnt_call: localhost: passwd.byname: No such map in server's domain.

> How are you dealing with the "shadow" map? If you ypcat passwd as root
> do you see the password field in the password database?

No, I see nothing (the command has no output and the prompt returns).

> Are you merging
> passwd and shadow on the server?

Are you meaning a unique file with passwd and shadow information?
Anyway, no, the server has two distinct files: /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.

Rocky