Again about NIS client configuration

Hello!
In a local network, I tried to configure a NIS server with Ubuntu, a NIS client on a NetBSD host and it doesn't work.
The following steps are the current client configuration:

/etc/defaultdomain
/etc/domainname

are both symbolic links to a file where is written the domain name.
I added the following lines to /etc/rc.conf

rpcbind=yes
ypserv=no
ypbind=yes

(yppasswdd is not included because this is a client)

and /etc/nsswitch.conf is

group: 		nis files
group_compat:	nis
hosts:		files dns
netgroup:	files [notfound=return] nis
networks:	files
passwd:		nis files
passwd_compat:	nis
shells:		files

In the client host, the output of "domainname" is correctly the name of the NIS domain. The output of "ypwhich" is correctly the hostname of the NIS server. During system boot the host starts ypbind with no errors.
But output of "yptest" is:

Test 1: yp_match
yp error: No such map in server's domain

Test 2: yp_first
yp error: No such map in server's domain

Test 3: yp_next

Test 4: yp_master
yp error: No such map in server's domain

Test 5: yp_order
yp error: No such map in server's domain

Test 6: yp_maplist
yp error: No such map in server's domain

Test 7: yp_all

And some users that are only in the server (and included in NIS database) are not recognized in this client.
The output of "yptest" on the server yet seems correct (and fails only with yp_match for "Map passwd.byname, key nobody"). I am not sure that the NIS server is working as expected, but is there anything wrong in my NetBSD configuration? Or is there any other test that I could make?
Thank you anyway!

Rocky