Re: compact flash in pcmcia slot

gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost (Greg Troxel) writes:

>David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:

>> Would it make sense to have a known set of overrides for
>> RBUS_IO_BASE and PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE? Even if it is keyed by something
>> like machdep.dmi.system-{vendor,product,version} or similar, it would be
>> nice to be able to get it right automatically in a few more cases.

>Definitely, or better yet code to guess the values at boot time.

Linux keeps track of which IO addresses are used by which driver. This
makes it simple to find an unused region in the 12bit region.

We try to evade the issue by chosing a 16bit IO address but which either
conflicts (never seen this) or isn't supported by the hardware.

How would you guess values?

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost