Re: Network redundancy (Linux bonding/Solaris IPMP)

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
> It does with LACP, I don't know if the link status is considered when
> in round-robin mode.
>
> Anyway if I had to setup something like that I'd use bridge with
> spanning-tree to select the best path. This way you get failover for
> more cases than just the local link failure.

If I understand this correct, you are effectively setting up more than
one interface into something like a switch on the NetBSD host, and
attaching them both to another switch (or switches) and letting
spanning tree figure out the path?

If so, where do you set the IP address(es)? Is there some virtual
layer for a single IP address?

Maybe I missed something simple...

Andy