Install locks up, reboot required

I have an ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS motherboard with AMD Phenom II 3.4Ghz, Asus GTX650 1GB DDR5  video card, 16GB of RAM and a 1TB drive. I am able to boot the NetBSD 6.1.4 CD. The first menu responds correctly, i.e. the keyboard works, able to select different options; however when I get the the install menu everything is locked up. The keyboard does not respond at all, including caps lock and num lock lights. I have to do a hard reset. There is an on-board video card, but it's disable via the BIOS. I tried to install 6.1.2, but got the same results. I tried all three boot options, all ending the same way.

Any suggestions on how I can install NetBSD? Is there any other info I can supply?

Ron Georgia