optimum building distribution commands

Hi,

to build my NetBSD distribution from current I do:

 ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -x distribution
sudo ./build.sh -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -x install=/

However, I notice that the second command essentially seems to recompile everything, it takes a looong time (as in hours). Am I doing something wrong, or do I miss some option? I'd ideally build as user and then just install with sudo.

Riccardo