Re: How to install rxvt-unicode-256color termcap entry on machine without X

Hi Gerard,

On 29-May-2014 15:17:31, Gerard Lally wrote:
Is there a way of installing
the terminfo or termcap entry for this terminal in the database?

Not that I know of. I.e. I couldn't figure out a way to append to the database:
http://atomicules.co.uk/2014/03/26/NetBSD-Terminfo.html

But... you can create a ~/.terminfo.cdb file that contains the necessary info for the user of interest.

I tried the command below, as recommended on the urxvt website, but I
still get an error:

REMOTE=myremoteserver.domain
infocmp rxvt-unicode | ssh $REMOTE "mkdir -p .terminfo && cat >/tmp/ti
&& tic /tmp/ti"

I imagine this wants to be something like:

infocmp rxvt-unicode | ssh $REMOTE "cat >~/.terminfo && tic ~/.terminfo"

(Must be someway to get rid of cat from there?)