Re: timeout on siside0

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 06:11:14PM -0600, Roy Bixler wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am new to this list but not to NetBSD.  I tried NetBSD long ago when
> it was at v. 1.6.  I have come back to it in part because I have some
> old hardware and prefer a lighter OS and in part because I do not like
> the recent trend in the Linux world towards replacing the init system
> with something like systemd.
>
> I came back to NetBSD with the 6.x series and my first few
> installations of it went flawlessly.  However, I came upon a
> configuration where I could not install it.  It is a dated PC with a
> SiS chipset.

Just to follow up, I got the installation to go by setting up a PXE
boot.  The system boots up just fine with NetBSD 6.1.4 afterwards.
I also took a look at the bug tracking system and see that there are
still some old, unresolved bugs regarding DMA timeouts with SiS IDE.
I suppose I could add to one of those tickets when I have some time.
It would still be nice to be able to use the CD-ROM as an installation
media on this system.

--
Roy Bixler <rcbixler%nyx.net@localhost>
"The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the