Re: NetBSD 6.1.4 on Dell Inspiron 3700

On 15 May 2014 18:53, Jan Stary <hans%stare.cz@localhost> wrote:
> The BIOS updates only exist as *.exe files of course.

I did update the BIOS of my venerable Thinkpad X61 using a freely
available DOS recovery system because I could install Netbsd 6.1.2. I
can't remember exactly how I did it but if you google or ask a Dell
related forum, there should be a way to update the BIOS using .exe
files.

I used a similar method to this:
http://taint.org/2007/04/23/153737a.html

Alternatively you could use Freedos, but I haven't tried.

I don't take responsibilities if you blow up your Dell.

--
Ottavio