Re: releng: how to follow NetBSD-6 STABLE branch

On 05/14/14 19:28, J. Lewis Muir wrote:
On 5/14/14, 1:31 PM, Helge Mühlmeier wrote:
On 05/14/14 00:25, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
Yep, it's the "latest stable netbsd-6 branch code", which will
eventually become NetBSD 6.2.

If I understand you in right way there is a bug in CVS- Branch of
NetBSD-6?

What will happen now?
Hi, Helge.

I doubt there's a bug in how the branching was done.  I think there
might be some confusion about what branch tag you should be using.

What exact branch tag did you use when you retrieved the source from
CVS?

Conceptually, what branch are you wanting?

Lewis
Hi Lewis,

as described in the NetBSD-Guide chapter 30.4.2 I used the netbsd-6 tag...

If I understand the terminology right there are maintenance branches like netbsd-6.1 which will be forked from netbsd-6 if the releng-team think it is time for it... netbsd-6 should be the same on that time stamp (tag) but will differ in future because netbsd-6 will get minor features too (not only security fixes).

Am I right?

I want to follow the most recent version of netbsd-6 on my computer. I guess there should be a NetBSD-6_STABLE if I build a distribution and kernel from those source (tag = netbsd-6).

Greetings,
Helge