Re: Booting arguments for NetBSD under qemu

Hello,

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:00:23 +0200
Torbjorn Granlund <tg%gmplib.org@localhost> wrote:

> Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> writes:
>
>   On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 01:05:04PM +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
>   > Recent NetBSD sparc32 releases do not cooperate well with qemu.
>
>   Can you share details?
>
> Sure.  I'm using qemu 1.7.0 from pkgsrc, installed with pkgsrc from
> 2014-03-08.

By the look of it we crash when the tcx driver initializes the hardware.
So, does qemu actually emulate the hardware acceleration and cursor
sprite stuff? The driver will try to use both.
Any chance you could send me the device properties for your emulated
tcx? If there's anything to distinguish it from the real thing I could
just let the driver treat it as a dumb framebuffer when running under
qemu.

have fun
Michael