Re: Booting arguments for NetBSD under qemu

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

  On 11 April 2014 13:05, Torbjorn Granlund <tg%gmplib.org@localhost> wrote:
  > For good reasons (a course I give at KTH) I need to boot NetBSD sparc32
  > under qemu.

  What's your host (cpu and OS)?

CPU = Intel Sandybridge.

NetBSD tigris.gmplib.org 6.1.3 NetBSD 6.1.3 (XEN3_DOM0) #0: Mon Feb 24 18:44:10
CET 2014
root%tigris.csc.kth.se@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/XEN3_DOM0 amd64

  > Instead, an explicit kernel argument is needed as in,
  >
  >   qemu-system-sparc -m 256 -hda disk.img -kernel netbsd-GENERIC
  >     -nographic

  I believe the -kernel option is only for a Linux guest.

Well, it allows me to boot netbsd-sparc32, except that I need to fill in
sd0a every time.

Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622