Re: How to share paging file between NetBsd and Windows 7?

In article <20140407054742.GB1009%internode.on.net@localhost>,
Brett Lymn  <blymn%internode.on.net@localhost> wrote:
>On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 10:01:26AM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>> |
>> | -bash-4.2# chmod 600 /mnt/pagefile.sys
>> | chmod: /mnt/pagefile.sys: Operation not supported
>>
>> Yes, chmod is not supported on NTFS. It is also not really meaningful
>> with the NTFS semantics (would be emulated by removing the read write
>> and execute from all the other entity ACLs from the file, but that's
>> different again).
>>

>Not really applicable here but for win 2008 server and later the unix
>permissions get encoded into special sids:
>
>http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh509017(v=ws.10).aspx
>
>more for NFS access but the ACLs are there to see from the windows
>management tools.

True; for that to work we'd have to adjust our ntfs code to pay
attention at those sids. Still the additional ACL's should be
modified so that the system does not think that the file is world
readable or writable.

christos