Re: Making a localized, educational live-usb version of Netbsd? Possible, and is worth it?

On 6 April 2014 13:33, Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost> wrote:
> Once you understand that what you actually want is basically an image of
> hard drive of small capacity, you'll understand that you could have
> prepared some early prototype of your system already.

I'm sorry but I disagree. There's a reason why somebody wants to load
a read-only filesystem as opposed to a proper installation. What about
the countless Linux live-usb distributions around? Are they all going
in the wrong directions? And all the millions of downloads?

> This is really
> a matter of three-four hours as I tested when wrote the script mentioned
> in this message:
>
> From: Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost>
> Subject: Re: Anyone working on an automated install?
> To: tech-install%netbsd.org@localhost
> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 01:30:02 +0400
>
> (also archived as
> https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-install/2012/10/28/msg000360.html)

Good script but this is not what I was talking about.

--
Ottavio Caruso