Re: Making a localized, educational live-usb version of Netbsd? Possible, and is worth it?

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 02:54:11PM +0100, Justin Cormack wrote:
> I think Virtualbox images are the modern equivalent way to get
> started. The main advantage over a USB live system is that you can
> still use the host operating system to read the instructions while you
> work out how to make it work.

Au contraire, a live system by its very nature just works, the host
system is not touched at all *UNLESS* you jump through hoops to make it
so, e.g. mounting the host HDD, then chrooting into it, etc.

You boot off the live system media. Using virtualbox or whatever is a
completely different kettle of fish altogether.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X