Re: Downloading NetBSD - Too complicated ?

Am 06.02.14 19:10, schrieb Lucius Rizzo:
> Zafer Aydo??an wrote:
>> Lucius, its not about installing, its about getting an image to install.
>>
>> That process is just too complicated and needs to be easier.
>
> Heh. You do bring up a good point. I mean, I still ftp to NetBSD to
> download images. When I have to do that, I find myself looking and
> installing ncftp3/lftp. And by habit or use, I know where to look for
> either the iso or pkgsrc current.
>
> The site too can do with a uplift of making it somewhat pleasing. But
> the thought of suggest a change - erm going from today's site to a more
> dynamic one - say ubuntu.com actually even considering a social media
> presence all linked back to NetBSD. Engaging and bringing a new
> audience.
>
> Though, I bet 90% of the BSD folk reading the para above would have thrown
> up slightly at the thought. So any chances, especially ones that make
> NetBSD.org not feel circa 2002, will meet resistance I feel.
>
> Is there a UI group that gives design ideas or drives changes to the
> website?

Yes.  Please email marketing%NetBSD.org@localhost.  Actually we have plans for
the
website.  And please note, when we speak of the website, we actually
mean two things:

1)  A wiki which contains a whole wealth of information

2)  A website that merely tells what NetBSD is and such

-

1)  Will evolve with the help of users and developers.  Amitai Schlair
did set it up in Ikiwiki and he takes the lead here.

2)  Will probably be redesigned by a group of TNF members.  marketing@
will likely take the lead here.

--
  \~~~~~.                The NetBSD Foundation
   \~~~~~'               Marc Balmer, Developer / Marketing