Re: Soekris Net6501 install from USB stick newbie issues

"g.lister" <g.lister%nodeunit.com@localhost> writes:

> OK I installed minicom and changed the baud rate to 9600 and remove
> the hardware flow control so no hardware or software flow
> control. Copied the image again as every time I go into the blank
> screen the soekris cannot read the USB stick after and tried using
> minicom for the job unfortunately with the same result -> blank screen
> with a cursor in the top left corner.
>
> I am not sure if I should try amd64... the CPU is 32 bits not 64...

I tried to do more or less what you are doing, and I found that a USB
stick was either flaky or did not work and when I used an actual disk
and an older USB/umass/IDE adaptor, it worked reliably.

As for i386/amd64: the cpu is either, but soekris supports the box as
i386 only.  People say that amd64 works too.  I'm running mine i386.