Re: Wi-fi problems with channel 12

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 09:32:20AM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> By the way I'm in the Netherlands and my laptop was bought in the UK and I
> believe channels 1-13 are available in Europe.

Some drivers have sysctl nodes to controll this, e.g. ath has
hw.ath.countrycode and hw.ath.regdomain.

The iwn driver seems to read a list of regulatory bands and channels
from the eeprom.

If the driver allows manual setting of that channel, it must be in the
list of allowed channels, or setting it explicitly should fail.

Martin