Re: Wi-fi problems with channel 12

On 28 December 2013 00:49, jscottkasten%yahoo.com@localhost <jscottkasten%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
Hi. Wifi equipment destined for the US market must have a hardware, firmware, or driver software lock on channels 12 and 13 , which are not licensed in the US. I have a felling that tje firmware for that device must implement a US/non-US region setting that disallows auto-negotiation to anything above channel 11.

Are you referring to the AP or the wireless adapter? Because on Windows auto-negotiation works out of the box on my laptop.

By the way I'm in the Netherlands and my laptop was bought in the UK and I believe channels 1-13 are available in Europe.

--
Ottavio