Re: Printer

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013, ff%freddyfisker.dk@localhost wrote:

> How do I setup a Network Postscript printer?
>
> It is a Lexmark X544 printer and I use the Xfce desktop.
>
> Is there some pkgin packages I need to install?
> Is it in the Terminal the printer have to be setup?

From a quick look I couldn't tell if it is a IPP or LPD printer.
The easiest way may be to install the cups package.

I found an articles that may help:
http://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_setup_cups_in_netbsd/

The basic steps:

Make sure you can ping your printer.

pkgin install cups
pkgin install foomatic-ppds-cups
cp /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d/cupsd /etc/rc.d/
mkdir -p /etc/rc.conf.d/
echo cupds=YES >> /etc/rc.conf.d/cupsd
/etc/rc.d/cupsd start

In your webbrowser on the same system go to
http://localhost:631

http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/network.html  may have some
details.

Use that to add your new printer.
Send a test page using that CUPS interface.

Print using  /usr/pkg/bin/lpr

There may be some more steps you need too.

Also consider installing xfce4-print package to manage print jobs in
xfce (but no configuration of printer there).