Re: Which lightweight window manager with menu auto-update?

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

I think the OP is really looking for a DE (desktop enviroment).

Not really. I was happy with Fluxbox on Linux. I just don't understand
why I can't replicate the same behaviour on Netbds,

It seems like there is a piece of the puzzle missing from this discussion, the one where some jerk comes in and says "the job of a window manager is to manage windows, not menus" and then goes on to say that of course this has to be done by a desktop environment or the package management system.

But there's been some mail trouble lately, so maybe I just missed that.

I vaguely recall that installing packages on some distro (Debian?) had a step where it would update system-wide menus; could it be something like that that made things work for you previously?

Magnus