Re: imap configuration

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 09:47:13AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > I would recommend to user neither Sendmail nor Cyrus SASL. Both have
> > a very poor security track record. The combination of Postfix and
> > Dovecot (for IMAP, POP3 and SMTP with TLS and authentication)
> > works very well.
>
> True. But both have not had serious issue for quite some time
> (2009 for both sendmail and cyrus-sasl). There's been CVEs for
> dovecot and postfix newer than that :)

Because nobody cares anymore? ;-)

But seriously: 2009 was about the time I gave up on Sendmail (after
about 15 years). I find Postfix more flexible, easier to configure
and a lot faster. You wouldn't think that you notice a difference
between Sendmail and Postfix on a Dual Core 1.83GHz amd64 machine
between a 800Kb/s A-DSL link. But the first time I sent an mail to
a local mailing list I found that Postfix would deliver e-mails
faster than I could switch windows and enter "mailq" which was
quite impressive.

        Kind regards