Re: Installation on a LVM partition

> Even in the Linux world you can't install on a LVM partition.
> You have a small regular partition containing the kernel, ramdisk
> image, grub, grub.conf, and various other items.  The stuff in the
> ramdisk image is responsible for initialising the LVM subsystem
> (along with a few other things), then doing a "pivot root" operation
> to the "real" root filesystem located on an LVM partition.  The
> installer hides all this "magic" from you.  On a Fedora system,
> /boot is the small regular partition which the boot code sees.

No, I'm using ArchLinux and all my linux filesystem (including /boot) is
on a LVM partition, I've also debian (wheezy) and fedora 19 and these
two also is completly on LVM partition.

The separate partition for /boot that you've talked is only necessary on
GRUB legacy in the GRUB2 no more need /boot separated. as you can see
here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LVM#Installing_Arch_Linux_on_LVM
(see the warning)

Since GRUB2 can load LVM exists something (either a hack?) that I can do
for NetBSD boot on LVM ?