Re: How (and wherther) to set pkg wpa_supplicant

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> I have been using wpa_supplicant from base and did not realize it has pkg
> version as well, which is newer.
>
> Particularly, how to set up /etc/rc.d/wpa_supplicant when using pkg
> version?
>
> (I just manually changed all the paths from /usr/sbin to /usr/pkg/sbin/ in
> /etc/rc.d/wpa_supplicant. But not sure whether that is the right way to
> go.)

Generally, one should be able to set a variable in
/etc/rc.conf.d/wpa_supplicant to make the change.  A real example:

  $ cat /etc/rc.conf.d/postfix
  postfix_command="/usr/pkg/sbin/${name}"

But I'm not sure that works with wpa_supplicant; you'll have to read the
script.