xorg driver for Intel "3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)"

I have recently upgraded to hardware that contains a graphic controller
described in lspci as:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core
processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)

I have only the following x11 video driver packages installed:

xf86-video-intel-2.7.1nb6
(Tried upgrading this to latest in pkgsrc, though it seems it is not yet
stable in pkgsrc)

xf86-video-vesa-2.3.0nb1

>From X11 log I find that it is not picking up intel driver and instead is
using the vesa driver.

Following is the relevant portion of the log:

 167 (II) LoadModule: "intel"
 168 (II) Loading /usr/pkg/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//intel_drv.so
 169 (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
 170     compiled for 1.6.5, module version = 2.7.1
 171     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
 172     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 5.0
 173 (II) LoadModule: "i810"
 174 (WW) Warning, couldn't open module i810
 175 (II) UnloadModule: "i810"
 176 (EE) Failed to load module "i810" (module does not exist, 0)

The vesa driver works, but its response is quite sluggish. I suppose this
is not the best driver for this hardware.

For above hardware is "intel" the right driver and are the impending
updates in this driver necessary for above hardware?

Mayuresh