Re: Problem configuring IPV6 - Kindly help

On 16 Mar 2013 at 0:16, Michael David wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have a problem with IPFILTER. I have tried many things but am at my wits
> end:-(
>
> I have a block-by-default setup, .
>
> I want to allow ALL outgoing traffic on wm0 and only allow ssh and http in
> on wm0
>
> My rules are as follows:
> *
> pass out quick on any all    *//this I believe will take care of lo0 also*
>
> pass in quick on wm0 proto tcp from any to any port = 22 keep state
> pass in quick on wm0 proto tcp from any to any port = 80 keep state*
>
> When I enable the firewall, ALL traffic is completely blocked - in effect I
> am cut off from my server.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Kindly help.

My rules are:

ipf.conf:
pass out log first quick on vr1 proto tcp from <my_ip> to \
 any port = 22 flags S keep state keep frags
pass in log first quick on vr1 proto tcp from <good_ip> to \
 <my_ip> port = 22 flags S keep state keep frags

sshd_config:
Allowusers myusername anotherusername

hosts.allow:
sshd : <friendly_ip> : allow

Some of my pcs have minimal memory so eg. sshd and ftpd
are started from inetd.

David