Re: laptop memory card reader

Hi,

thanks to your instructions i am able to mount and read a SD card in the reader.

However, if I insert a XD card, I see no dmesgs about the inserted card. Could that be a kernel problem?

vendor 0x104c product 0x8033 (miscellaneous mass storage) at pci2 dev 6 function 3 not configured
sdhc0 at pci2 dev 6 function 4: vendor 0x104c product 0x8034 (rev. 0x00)
sdhc0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 20
sdhc0: SD Host Specification 1.0, rev.132
sdmmc0 at sdhc0 slot 0
sdhc0: SD Host Specification 1.0, rev.132
sdmmc1 at sdhc0 slot 14608732
sdhc0: SD Host Specification 1.0, rev.132
sdmmc2 at sdhc0 slot 29217464

suggests the card reader is seen as two devices, perhaps one is not working or needs further configuration??

Riccardo