laptop memory card reader

Hi,

I have an HP laptop which has an integrated memory card reader. I'd like to be able to use it.

I suppose I should insert a card and find the device, right?

IN dmesg I see:
sdhc0 at pci2 dev 6 function 4: vendor 0x104c product 0x8034 (rev. 0x00)
sdhc0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 20
sdhc0: SD Host Specification 1.0, rev.132
sdmmc0 at sdhc0 slot 0
sdhc0: SD Host Specification 1.0, rev.132
sdmmc1 at sdhc0 slot 14608732
sdhc0: SD Host Specification 1.0, rev.132
sdmmc2 at sdhc0 slot 29217464

I suppose that is my card reader, split depending on the card type? iIf I insert a card nothing appears to happen.

I wonder if my kernel is configured properly and how it should work? Thanks,

Riccardo