Re: netbsd-5 diskless xdm pam failures?

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012, Rhialto wrote:

On Fri 21 Dec 2012 at 09:24:02 -0600, John D. Baker wrote:
X-Windows otherwise works fine (via 'startx', etc).  I used to not have
any problems with 'xdm' graphical login on this diskless machine.

Does xdm start properly if you start it later when the system is fully
booted?  Using for example "/etc/rc.d/xdm start"?

The behavior is the same regardless of when 'xdm' is started.  Since it
has been troublesome, I don't have it start automatically at this time
anyway.  The logfile I posted was obtained by starting it manually via
'/etc/rc.d/xdm onestart'.