discarding oversize frame

Hi -

I'm running 6.0 from an ISO install on VirturalBox with bridged networking.

Networking does work but many network operations fail, and there are lots of "wm0: discarding oversize frame" in the logs.

ifconfig indicates I cannot adjust the MTU

     mtu n           Set the maximum transmission unit of the interface to n.
                     Most interfaces don't support this option.

indeed, it doesn't work. Any suggestion to solving this problem?

-George

--
George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710, http://www.galis.org/