Re: NetBSD 6.0/amd64 on a Latitude E5500 (X11 related)

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 11:49:48AM +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> On Sat 01 Dec 2012 at 13:05:53 +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> > I'd love to try this but I still consider Xorg's release crapshoot
> > too risky.  It's a shame there's no other free X implementation which
> > cares about non-Linux OSes.
>
> There is also editors/vim-gtk2 that broke for me in 6.0's X.
> I haven't even heard from others who have seen the same, much less a
> hint where to search for a solution...

I think there may be a bug in the latest gtk2.  When I compile Emacs
with gtk2, it ocasionally crashes in gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file.
If Emacs is compiled against Xaw3d instead, it's rock solid.  I've
found some bug reports from Linux people too but no clear solution:
http://www.gtkforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56087

So it's likely not a NetBSD bug.

Cheers,
Peter