Re: Unified BSD?

On 2012-11-13 11:45, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:08:08AM +0100, Joost van de Griek wrote:
On 12 Nov 2012, at 21:37 , Robin  Björklin <robin.bjorklin%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:

Am I bat crap crazy for thinking it could be good to merge the four largest BSD
variants out there, take the best bits and pieces out of each and create a
Unified BSD?

You'd end up creating a fifth.

At least a sixth, IIRC. You left out MirBSD from your distribution list.
Also, you could argue that Minix, with its NetBSD compatibility,
is a seventh and MacOS-X, with its partially (Free-/Net-)BSD compatible
userland, an eighth.

And what about 2BSD, BSD 3 and BSD 4 with all their releases?
(And I assume that there was probably something that in retrospect would have been called 1BSD as well...)

        Johnny