Re: NetBSD 6.0/amd64 Panic on shutdown.. mfi related?

On 11/10/12 10:42, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> It looks like the ioctl command succeeded, but MegaCLI didn't like what the
> controller returned. Does anything shows up in dmesg when you run it ?
>
> also, I wonder if MegaCLI supports all LSI controllers, or only the
> newer ones (I've tested it only with a thunderbolt so far).
> If that's the problem, another linux tool suitable for this controller
> model should work as well.

Nothing in dmesg. I am not 100% sure because it's been a week now but
when the machine still had FreeBSD installed I must've checked the array
status with MegaCli from FreeBSD ports.

Well one thing that occurs to me is hiding the mfi0 device from the
kernel? Is it possible with NetBSD?

Another thing I could do is boot a FreeBSD LiveCD and run MegaCli from
it, perhaps we'll see the difference then.

What do you think?

Hugo