Re: Some progress in support for HP USB printer/scanners

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 09:49:02AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 09:35:20PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 03:36:50PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > > Have always struggled to get HP USB all-in-one printer (F380) on NetBSD,
> > > though hplip and sane are known to support it and they work on Linux.
> > >
> > > Some of the past mails on this are in this thread:
> > > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2011/11/20/msg009600.html
> > >
> > > Recently I tried it on 6.0 rc1. Do not know whether changes from 5.1 to
> > > 6.0 in NetBSD or any developments in hplip have helped, though now the
> > > device is getting detected fine (with ugen enabled in kernel, which was
> > > tried before also).
>
> Ok, here is the final solution that works pretty well for me:

Now it's the turn of the scanner to start working.

Had to install hplip as it contains sane backend hpaio and an entry
"hpaio" in dll.conf as the post install message of hplip shows.

LD_PRELOAD was set as discussed on this thread:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2012/10/01/msg011598.html

My HP USB (usb-only) printer + scanner is fully functional on NetBSD 6.0
rc1 now.

Mayuresh.