Re: kernel lockup on 6.0 beta2 on cardbus insertion on Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 10:10:00AM -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 03:29:59AM -0700, John Refling wrote:
> >
> > bar_tag=da525b1c
> > bar_size=131072
> > len=2048
> > bar_memh=db230000
> > cis_ptr=da525b20
> > tuples=0

> It looks to me like the CIS is not inside of the address window, because
> cis_ptr > bar_size.

John, where did you print that value? Note that cis_ptr is modified inside
the function, and this value kinda looks like you printed it earlier.

> Maybe skip the bus_space_read_region_1(), aprint_error(), clean up and
> return with error from cardbus_read_tuples() cis_ptr >= bar_size?

That certainly should be done, however, I wonder how the complete CIS
looks like on this card.

John: the "512-hack" meant your modified kernel that allowed you booting, i.e.
instead of the MIN()-term, just read 512 bytes. The way to use PCMCIA_CISDEBUG
is: compile a kernel with options PCMCIACISDEBUG, then boot -d the kernel,
in ddb do:

  w pcmciacis_debug=1

and then get the CIS info from dmesg. David, is there an easier method to
check the CIS?

Martin