5.1_STABLE/i386 panic after recent pull-ups

Following the recent pull-ups to the netbsd-5 branch, I updated my tree
and rebuilt.  Since then, I've experienced panics logged on reboot as:

May 20 16:43:05 slate savecore: reboot after panic: panic: rename: EXDEV
May 20 16:43:05 slate savecore: writing compressed core to /var/crash/netbsd.2.c
ore.gz
May 20 16:43:23 slate savecore: writing compressed kernel to /var/crash/netbsd.2
.gz
May 20 16:43:23 slate savecore: (null): Bad address

The resulting compressed kernel file is only 10 bytes.  Attempting to
run 'gdb' on the core file with "/netbsd" as the kernel causes 'gdb' to
declare the core file to be an unrecognized format, not core file.

The machine:

NetBSD slate.technoskunk.fur 5.1_STABLE NetBSD 5.1_STABLE (SLATE) #38: Sun May
20 13:15:13 CDT 2012
sysop%slate.technoskunk.fur@localhost:/d0/build/netbsd-5/obj/i386/sys/arch/i386/compile/SLATE
 i386

Thinkpad T42 1.7GHz, 2GB.

Running at the time were 4 ksh instances each inside xll/rxvt-unicode,
one was running an ssh session to anther host, along with www/firefox,
all built from pkgsrc-2012Q1.

At the moment the panic occurred, x11/openmotif was being extracted in
the process of eventually building/installing print/xpdf.

I'll set ddb.onpanic=1 to see if I can get more data.  As it was, the
machine just froze for a few seconds and then rebooted.