Re: ls output with color?

On 5/13/2012 2:48 PM, Michael Jensen wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2012, Andy Kosela wrote:
On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Ron Swiernik <ronswier%coat.com@localhost>
wrote:
Not to start a flame war, but I really don't like the color ls that
linux
does. Just putting in a users vote way before someone says that it
should
become the default...

ls -F works very well for me...hate blinky items in something I am
trying
to read

Definetly +1 to that. The first thing i do on my RHEL's is to disable
colors. Plus when you still deal a lot with monochrome displays, the
colors won't help you anyway. I just love *BSD's are keeping it
simple with very sane defaults.

Another +1 to that. I hate ANSI colours in any standard command. Keep it
simple.

I'll qualify that with my use of colors to identify individual
"virtual consoles".  Makes it easier to remember things like
"I was editing the disklabel in the RED console..."