Re: MacPPC -- NetBSD compatible usb to rs-232 adapter

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Adam Russell <ac.russell%live.com@localhost>
wrote:
> I am looking to run a headless MAcPPC NetBSD box.
> In order for this to work I obviously will need a USB to rs-232 adapter.
> What is the latest guidance on this? Going through the mailing list
> archives I see particular brands recommended. The FTDI brand stands
> out. Should I just buy one of these? Can anyone say if any generic
> adapter will work or not? Any other recommendations?

I have a CP-US-03 that works fine with my Mac Mini under NetBSD, and
it also works on OS X under my Intel Macs.  That said: can you use
this as a serial console on such machine?  I don't know, but if it's
possible at all, I may give it a try!

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv