Re: Building up a new *user* wiki!

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 03:51:37PM -0500, Amitai Schlair wrote:

> It's unfortunate but true that today, the fastest way to let NetBSD
> users contribute to a wiki is to set one up for the purpose. Letting
> them contribute to wiki.netbsd.org will take technical work, of
> course, as will the eventual migration of the content.

However, lest expectations be set incorrectly: as a general rule, we do
not name systems in .NetBSD.ORG if they are not owned and operated by
the NetBSD Foundation.  There are some very obvious exceptions, such
as regional distribution mirrors, but my own first impression is that
this new Wiki would likely not be such a case (for example, there are
real problems with spam content on open-access Wikis causing entire
domains to be default-blocked by firewall or proxy vendors; we can't
have NetBSD be at risk of that when NetBSD itself doesn't control the
thing that could be spammed-on, and so forth).

Thor