Re: Power control API

Hi Manuel,

On 12/23/2011 1:52 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 08:53:33PM -0700, Scrap Happy wrote:

I've got a little x86 box temporarily serving as my DNS.
(Note that this is a temporary situation so I'm not
keen on investing lots of time "fixing" it  :>  )

I'm running a custom 3.1 kernel (no desire to upgrade
that!).  All is well -- except the device won't
power off in a "shutdown -p now" (system halts
but *I* have to remove power -- which is problematic
when running headless).

What device(s) are responsible for this interface
(I'm assuming/hoping I've just left one out of the
config file)?

On recent hardware, this is ACPI. On older ones this is APM.
On embeeded x86 systems, it can be something else ...

That did the trick.  Thanks!