Power control API

Hi,

I've got a little x86 box temporarily serving as my DNS.
(Note that this is a temporary situation so I'm not
keen on investing lots of time "fixing" it  :> )

I'm running a custom 3.1 kernel (no desire to upgrade
that!).  All is well -- except the device won't
power off in a "shutdown -p now" (system halts
but *I* have to remove power -- which is problematic
when running headless).

What device(s) are responsible for this interface
(I'm assuming/hoping I've just left one out of the
config file)?

Otherwise, I suspect I can go back to a GENERIC/INSTALL
kernel and poke around with a pointed stick...  :-/
(I'd prefer *knowing* what I am doing instead of
fumbling around as I will have to build the kernel
on another machine, etc.)

Thanks!
--don